SchemaBuilder: Support making validation of default values configurable

SchemaBuilder: Support making validation of default values configurable

Andreas Hailu
Hello,
The SchemaBuilder's createFields methods pass a value of 'true' to the validateDefault option within the Field constructor. While this is very useful to have, it results in us not being able to seamlessly migrate from 1.8 to >= 1.9 as our registry already has schemata with invalid defaults. This results

Given that Schema.Parser allows us to configure this, what are your thoughts on supporting the same idea within SchemaBuilder? I created a JIRA [1] with some details and would be happy to contribute if we’d like to support this.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-3144 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-3144>

Best,
Andreas | www.andreashailu.com <http://www.andreashailu.com/>

Re: SchemaBuilder: Support making validation of default values configurable

Andreas Hailu
Fixed a typo inline in the previous message - apologies.