Is gen-cppcode.py used?

Michael A. Smith
https://github.com/apache/avro/blob/master/lang/c++/scripts/gen-cppcode.py

is some very old python2 code. I can't see where it's being used, so we
could just delete it if it's not in use. If it is, would it make sense to
update it?

Re: Is gen-cppcode.py used?

Ryan Skraba
Hey -- looking through the history, it seems that this python script
is unmaintained and has been replaced by avrogencpp[1]

In my opinion, it should be removed!

Best regards, Ryan

[1]: https://github.com/apache/avro/commit/fc986ce223a13e88c11d611c6d3870d023e99d08