Quantcast

How can I get offset with of the record while using Avro with Hadoop

How can I get offset with of the record while using Avro with Hadoop

Zephod
In Hadoop when using TextInputFormat we get the offset of each value from the start of the file. Can I get similar offset while using Hadoop with Avro?

I have a file with Avro records and I want to process it with Hadoop. I need some kind of total order on the records. In plain Hadoop I would use the offset for that. Please help.