Discuss regarding upcoming 1.7.8 release for Apache Avro

Discuss regarding upcoming 1.7.8 release for Apache Avro

Suraj Acharya-2
Hi Community,

I am wrapping up the license issue with AVRO 1.7.8 [1]. I will shortly
begin the release for 1.7.8[2].
If there are any issues you want to see in 1.7.8 and that is not present in
the branch-1.7 [3] please comment on the release ticket for 1.7.8[2].
Backports for a 2-year-old branch are very difficult, cumbersome and in
some cases major changes. I will make an honest effort to backport changes
to the branch once comments are made.
If you know the backport(cherry-pick) won't be clean, please submit a pull
request [4] so that it will make the release work a lot easier and
backports accurate.

If you have any questions feel free to reply to this or open a new thread.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-2023
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-1998
[3] https://s.apache.org/avro-branch-1.7
[4] https://github.com/apache/avro/compare

Suraj Acharya

Re: Discuss regarding upcoming 1.7.8 release for Apache Avro

Sean Busbey
It would be useful to do a check of what's currently tagged in JIRA as
being in 1.7 but isn't actually in git. I think I have stuff somewhere
for doing this check, let me dig it out.

--
busbey