Avro C# library

Matthew Stowe

Hello,

Is the Avro C# library (https://github.com/apache/avro/tree/master/lang/csharp) still actively supported?  If so, what version of the spec is officially supported by it?

The current spec’s documentation link (http://avro.apache.org/docs/1.8.2/api/csharp/index.html) is broken for C#.

The last spec’s documentation link for C# that works is http://avro.apache.org/docs/1.7.7/api/csharp/index.html, however there is pretty much no documentation in the main page.

The github repository does show some activity, but I am not sure what the state of the code is with respect to ongoing support and the version of the spec that it is up to.

Thanks,

Matt

Re: Avro C# library

suraj acharya
Hey Matthew,
I am sorry about the link for docs. There is something wrong.

Avro is community supported and run. The code is upto the standards.
If u find some improvements feel free to open up jiras.

I will try and see what is happening with those doc's.

Suraj Acharya

On 31 Aug 2017 8:00 am, "Matthew Stowe" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

Is the Avro C# library (https://github.com/apache/avro/tree/master/lang/csharp) still actively supported?  If so, what version of the spec is officially supported by it?

The current spec’s documentation link (http://avro.apache.org/docs/1.8.2/api/csharp/index.html) is broken for C#.

The last spec’s documentation link for C# that works is http://avro.apache.org/docs/1.7.7/api/csharp/index.html, however there is pretty much no documentation in the main page.

The github repository does show some activity, but I am not sure what the state of the code is with respect to ongoing support and the version of the spec that it is up to.

Thanks,

Matt

RE: Avro C# library

Matthew Stowe

Hi Suraj,

Thanks, but that link is broken also.

Thanks,

Matt

Re: Avro C# library

Suraj Acharya-2
Hi Matthew,
This is the documentation link to sharp for 1.8.2.[1]
I will try to figure out what exactly is happening with our web server. But thanks a lot for reaching out and sorry for the trouble,

Suraj Acharya